Skip to main content

Pageant History {Part 6}

Hello beautiful people,

For this one I did the same pageant as the last blog, Miss Brainerd Lakes/Central Lakes pageant. But this time it is WAY DIFFERENT!! To be honest I didn't like it this way.

So when I went for pageant orientation they told us about how the titles will be different. You know in the last blog how I told you there were 4 titles given and they were all separate. We had a whole bunch of girls that year. This year they didn't have enough for the 4 so they had to get rid of the Miss Central Lakes Outstanding Teen title.

The rules went like this:
- The Miss Brainerd Lakes pageant was now an 'open' pageant which means any girl in the state can compete. It used to be a 'closed' pageant in which girls only in the area could compete.
To me this was not fair...girls who know nothing of the area have a chance to represent it?? Sorry but don't really like that, that was my automatic thought after hearing that.

- Then all the Miss girls competing didn't get split up by title like years past. It would go by the three highest scores in the pageant.
     * Third highest score would be the first runner up in the Miss
     * Second highest score would be Miss Central Lakes
     * The highest score would be Miss Brainerd Lakes

Now that we got this out of the way and explained, let's get on with the story!

I have always been competitive in pageants even if I try not to...it happens anyway. I have gotten better tho! At orientation I looked at the gals competing for the Miss title and there wasn’t many but a few. One was my buddy and she does amazing competing. The other I had no idea who she was but seemed nice.

Days after the orientation, I thought of what my talent was gonna be. I still wanted to be different...that’s my thing. So I kept the idea of baton twirling but something more eye catching. 
RIFLE TWIRLING IT IS!! I bought a drill rifle online and practiced my little heart out. It was so much fun! 

If I am correct, at this time I tried out a pageant coach. Someone I have heard of and a buddy of mine used. We tried a facetime session but then it started not working so we moved to the phone. It was just too complicated I didn’t move forward because she wanted me to go to her house which was very far away from me. It just wasn’t worth it.

I was truly excited at the time to see how everything would turn out. When it came the day of the pageant I thought I would vlog about it. So I did so a vlog and it was pretty cool because I am able to look back on that day. 

When I arrived that day of the pageant, I was nervous but ready as I could be. As we went out for practice that morning, I calmed down and enjoyed the ride. Then we were off to interviews, oh my land sakes the interview. When I went in it was great at first then it just was like bam question after another without any room to breathe. Alas I felt like I didn’t do my best. Oh well it happens.

 As time got closer and closer, I was chattin’ it up with one of the contestants, her and I agreed we were so nervous!! The other girls seemed more everything than us. At least I wasn’t the only one. It was nice letting it out.

As the pageant starts, nerves start to bundle. Onstage question comes and goes. Fitness was awesome, always love showing off those scars to inspire others!! Talent was next….I was going over it like crazy before I went out. Again like last year so nervous I was gonna drop it. But I gave it all to God and I was good.

This routine was all about honoring the troops with the song “American Soldier” by Toby Keith. I wanted to do my utmost best for any vets out in the audience. And I did AWESOME!!  Didn’t drop it and bam it was great!

Evening gown was good as it could be. Then FINALLY the moment.
As it was way different than years past I had no clue what to expect. 
So as the teens were done and queen crowned, the Miss step up!

I didn’t get the Spirit award like last year but that’s okay :D 
First Runner-Up: nope not me
Miss Central Lakes: still nope
Miss Brainerd Lakes: no

I was happy for them but it was a little stinger. I just reminded myself it wasn’t meant to be and I got some McDonalds afterwards lol. 

That was the last time I competed in the Miss America system as I have now aged out. I am now 24 years old and no longer have the opportunity to be Miss America. That’s completely ok with me. I now see where God wants to take me as it says in John 13:7:

Jesus replied, "You don't understand now what I am doing, but someday you will."

Next post I talk about the last pageant I did before I will compete Miss Minnesota United States 2018. We will be all up to date and soon I will have my crown and sash ready to represent!

God bless,
Tiffany
Miss Central Lakes United States 2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pageant History {Part 1}

Hello all my fabulous people! I thought of an interesting blog idea…I would love to tell you all about my previous pageant history. I’ll tell you all about my previous 7 pageants I’ve done starting with my  first  one, Miss Crosby-Ironton 2011. I also have a surprise for you all at the end! So stay tuned though the whole thing! Miss Crosby-Ironton (Miss C-I for short) is my hometown pageant. It was brought back after not being held for 15 years in 2010. I helped my dad as a stagehand and that’s where my love for pageant started. I did get quite crazy with it. As the summer progressed and time got closer and closer I was practicing as hard as I could. My mind was focused on one thing…BEING MISS CROSBY-IRONTON 2011! That is dangerous; never have your mind focused just on the title please! :D Now I did something that no contestant should ever do, spent a lot of time with the director. I would spend time at her house and help out with anything she needed or talk about pageant stuf

Pageant History (Part 2)

Good evening all! So title update before I start, I got my crown and sash paid for and got a cute sweatshirt so I can proudly rep the Miss United States Organization! ON TO PART TWO, the second pageant I took part in was Miss Crosby-Ironton 2012 and it was a little different than the 2011 pageant. Now I found it interesting how I got signed up. One day when I was waiting around the house to see if I was gonna get a call to work (I was a waitress at the time at a hometown restaurant) I wanted to go for a drive around town. As I was driving I thought of getting a cup of coffee then I was thinking where to go. Home or the hospital's coffee shop? I then decided on the coffee shop that's where I ran into some family friends a gal who works with my mom and her daughter that I've known since I was young. We got to talking about the pageant and if I was gonna compete again. That's when I got the go to do it again. I got the call to go to work and then after I went to th

Pageant History {Part 7}

Wow we did it folks! Welcome to the most recent pageant I did, part 7: Miss Queen of the Lakes United States 2017! This was my first time I ever competed in the system! Though I wasn't a stranger to it because I helped the night of the first Miss Brainerd/Baxter United States pageant a few years back. It was fun to try something new and it was a BLAST!! I felt something in my gut to try this system and I wasn't sure how I would do but I knew I would enjoy the ride. As I walked into practice that one Sunday, I was certainly intimidated by everyone but not for long. The beautiful Vicki came to give me a warm welcome and told me to jump right in. The girls were so nice and it was fun to get back in the pageant game. The thing that is different with this pageant is Bill and Vicki (Miss MN US State Directors aka most amazing people ever) work with their girls from day one. They will meet with you individually and work on whatever it may be. They bring an amazing attitude to